Automate - Terminate Running Task
This bot will demonstrate how Automate can terminate a task using the processID. In this bot, Automate will utilize actions like the create dataset, loop, and if actions to prompt the user to choose a task that is currently running and terminate it using the processID.
You can use this bot to:
- Give the user the opportunity to terminate a task that is currently running.
- Provide an example of how the create dataset action can be created, edited and added too.
NOTE: The Retrieve Process Information action is set to continue on error on purpose. The dataset will check for total rows (meaning zero tasks are running) and follow the If logic to end the task gracefully.
Ready to start using this bot?
Implementation and Configuration Guide [PDF]
This task is compatible with:
- Automate Ultimate 11.2 and greater
- Automate Plus 11.2 and greater
- Automate Desktop 11.2 and greater
Automate Bots are the result of our experience training and implementing Automation initiatives for our customers. All the configurations are maintained by Fortra Professional Services. If you need our help to configure a bot, please complete the form here.