File System - Rename File to Parent Folder
This bot will demonstrate how Automate can rename a filename to its parent folder name using the ExtractFilePath function. Using the Metadata Action, we will obtain the file path, parent folder name and file extension. Combining these variables we will rename the selected file to the parent folder name.
With this bot we will learn how to:
- Select files using the “Open File” action
- Obtain information from a file using the Metadata action
- Rename files using the Rename action
Ready to start using this bot?
Implementation and Configuration Guide [PDF]
This task is compatible with:
- Automate Ultimate 11.2 and greater
- Automate Plus 11.2 and greater
- Automate Desktop 11.2 and greater
Automate Bots are the result of our experience training and implementing Automation initiatives for our customers. All the configurations are maintained by Fortra Professional Services. If you need our help to configure a bot, please complete the form here.