Solution Bot – Nocturnal Process
Many businesses across different industries require nightly or after-hours processes to reset or update systems, servers, and core applications to prepare for business the next day. The Nocturnal Process solution bot automates these processes—whether in IBM i, Windows, or Linux environments—greatly reducing the burden of manually processing by night shift staff. This bot nearly eliminates human error and provides immediate notification of any issues when running any of the processes.
Whether the overnight process includes updates to Core Banking systems and file transfers for Banks and Credit Unions, or synching data between multiple systems for healthcare companies, this bot can automate it.
You can use this bot to:
- Automate nightly processing checklists with steps performed in IBM i, Windows, and/or Linux
- On IBM i automate interactions with SIDEBA, Vision Plus, and IBS. Including data area verifications, jobs and subsystems handling, JobLogs reading, IFS interaction, menu interaction, screen scraping, and running commands with variable parameters.
- On Windows, automate processes involving running remote (batch) commands, restarting services, restarting servers, file handling, and more.
- Use TERMINAL actions to interact with Linux using SSH or TCP/IP, run commands, and analyze the results in real time.
Note: Some of these nightly process automation projects require a batch scheduler like JAMS or Automate Schedule in combination with Automate.
Prerequisites: Process Checklist with Commands
Ready to start using this bot?
A member of our team will follow-up to discuss your unique needs and requirements to help build and implement this solution bot.
This task is compatible with:
- Automate Ultimate 11.2 and higher
- Automate Plus 11.2 and higher
- Automate Desktop 11.2 and higher